Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Conflux 4

For months I've been working as part of the committee for Conflux 4 - www.conflux.org.au - which took place in Canberra from 28 September to 1 October. It's been a great experience, largely because the committee were so easy to work with - positive and ego-free.

While I was putting together the progress reports and con book, I got to interview conference guests -- Kevin J Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, Grahame Joyce, Jonathan Strahan, Garth Nix, Kaaren Warren, Donna Maree Hanson, Simon Brown. All of them very talented, friendly people.

Oh, Conflux was good. All our hard work paid off in great fun. I met wonderful new people (Hi Keri), old friends, attending workshops and panels. If I have to choose what I enjoyed most, I couldn't say. Being on the panels was good - the podcasts are up on the Conflux website. Unfortunately for me, all three of my three panels started at 9 in the morning so I never did get to sleep in.

The food at the AUTHENTIC Regency Gothic Banquet was supurb (thanks to food historian Gillian Polack - the yummy recipes are at Gillian's foodblog at www.foodpast.com, our dedicated team of food testers (or do I mean tasters) and Rydges' enthusiastic chef). I loved watching the company and the costumes. I dressed up in empire style, with peacock feathers in my hair, a fan and a reticule (Regency handbag).

Terry Dowling launched Rynemonn, the long anticipated, final book, in his acclaimed Tom Rynoceross series available at http://www.coeurdelion.com.au.

So now I'm back at home, spinning my own stories.

1 comment:

Pandababy said...

Hi Silver. I would have loved to have been there, but next best is hearing about it. I especially like the description of your costume. How I'd love to do something like that!